Made from painted polystone, this lovely headstone is perfectly safe for outdoor use and can withstand all kinds of weather. It features the words "If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever" in a cursive script with a paw print motif. It's extremely well made and designed to look like real stone. Buyers are so pleased with its overall qualit...
Made from painted polystone, this lovely headstone is perfectly safe for outdoor use and can withstand all kinds of weat...
Made from resilient, lightweight resin, this touching heart-shaped stone includes an etched pawprint with the sentiment, "Always in our hearts." This headstone can be placed in a garden, beside a tree, or even hung from a wall indoors to memorialize your dearly departed pet.
Made from resilient, lightweight resin, this touching heart-shaped stone includes an etched pawprint with the sentiment,...
Thanks to its all-weather resin construction, this is a highly durable pet headstone that will look just as good years down the line as it did the day you bought it. You can have this stone personalized with your pet's name. It measures approximately 12-by-7 inches, which is large enough that it's noticeable without being ostentatious. This is a quality ston...
Thanks to its all-weather resin construction, this is a highly durable pet headstone that will look just as good years d...
- Space For Photos
With its protective photo slot, you can add a personal touch to this pet headstone. It's shaped like a paw print and features a touching memorial poem. It's made from durable stone-effect material that can withstand the elements. Measuring just under 9 inches across, it was a little smaller than some buyers expected, but still a quality stone that will fit m...
- Space For Photos
With its protective photo slot, you can add a personal touch to this pet headstone. It's shaped like a paw print and fea...
- features moving poem
This well-made, weather-resistant memorial headstone made of resin features a touching poem with and a design of hearts and paw prints. It looks and feels like real stone, and the base allows it to stand easily on any fireplace, table, or other surface inside or outside of your home.
- features moving poem
This well-made, weather-resistant memorial headstone made of resin features a touching poem with and a design of hearts ...
- Loving Words
The attractive inlaid beadwork paw print, which comes in sandstone or pearl white, makes this pet headstone stand out from others on the market. The stone itself is shaped like a heart and has the words, "No longer by my side, but forever in my heart" written on it. This headstone measures 9.25-by-9.25 inches and is cast from a durable, weather-resistant res...
- Loving Words
The attractive inlaid beadwork paw print, which comes in sandstone or pearl white, makes this pet headstone stand out fr...
Since this pet headstone has space for a 2-inch-by-3-inch photo, you can look at your departed pal whenever you want, making it an excellent tribute to a true friend. The polyresin construction is completely weatherproof and looks like real stone. Measuring 8.75-by-8.75 inches, it's fairly compact, so you can position it in a discrete spot and remember your ...
Since this pet headstone has space for a 2-inch-by-3-inch photo, you can look at your departed pal whenever you want, ma...
Featuring a three-dimensional dog lying on top of a stone, this is an eye-catching pet memorial stone that you may prefer to a standard flat stone. The words, "You have left our lives but will never leave our hearts" are a touching reminder of the bond you had with your dog. It's made from quality cold-cast ceramics that will stand up to all weather conditio...
Featuring a three-dimensional dog lying on top of a stone, this is an eye-catching pet memorial stone that you may prefe...
What is a Dog Headstone?
A dog headstone is a memorial stone that's traditionally used to mark the grave of a pet. However, if your pet isn't buried in your yard or has been cremated, it can simply be used as a memorial stone rather than a grave marker.
As any dog lover knows, we always miss the dogs we’ve lost. So today, we want to focus on and celebrate the great lives of all our dogs, past and present. In the 1980s or early 1990s, an unknown author wrote a poem called “Rainbow Bridge,” in which they envisioned a place in heaven where our dogs run and play; healthy, young, and strong. And where they wait to be with us again. This idea has taken root in many a dog-lover’s heart and it’s comforting to imagine your pet happy and content.
To honor this, author and blogger Deborah Barnes created Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day, a day dedicated to remembering the pets who have crossed over the Rainbow Bridge. If you’ve been wanting to celebrate the life of your pet, here are some suggestions of ways to honor and remember them.
- Place a headstone or garden stone in the yard. You can purchase a headstone or garden stone ready-made and customized or decorate one yourself. You might want to place it your pet’s favorite outdoor spot.
- Hold a memorial service. If you’re religious, you could say a prayer. Consider a family walk or hike to scatter your pet’s ashes in a favorite spot. This is a good way to include all family members, including children who may be struggling with the loss.
- Volunteer. A donation of time can be just as valuable as money. Maybe you could get involved with your local club and volunteer at one of their events.
- Donate. Why not give to a worthy cause in memory of your dog? Consider donating to AKC Reunite’s Canine Support & Relief or any other organization that is meaningful to you in honor of your pet.
- Plant a tree. One of the nice things about a tree-planting ceremony is that you’re commemorating your pet with something that will live and grow. And as it does, it will be a beautiful memory.
- Make a scrapbook. This is another way to include the whole family in making memories. Share your favorite stories and add photos or draw pictures to illustrate. You might want to include a favorite small toy, your dog’s collar or other mementos. Scrap-booking can be ongoing, too–picked up every now and then to add memories or to feel close to your pet again. You can buy a ready-to-use pet scrapbook or even download everything you need.
- Add your dog’s tag to your keychain. This is a simple way to keep them with you wherever you go.
- Make a Christmas tree ornament. Add a ribbon to your dog’s tags, favorite toys or collar and celebrate your dog’s memory during the holidays.
- Frame your favorite photo. A beautiful frame makes a photo into a portrait. You can buy a plain frame and decorate it yourself, or buy a customized frame.
- Create an online memorial. You can make a memorial page on your favorite social media channel or on websites that allow you to make your own online memorial.
- Make a piece of jewelry. You can have a custom charm made to add to a bracelet or a personalized pendant to wear close to your heart.
- Share something. If you have a special dog park or another place you and your dog loved, create an ongoing tribute by sharing their favorite treats or toys. Set up a bucket of tennis balls or Frisbees, place a container of their favorite cookies. This way other dog lovers can share something that brought happiness to your dog’s life.
Finally, remember all of the great times you and your dog had together! There is no greater bond than a person and their dog, so don’t be shy in celebrating your dog’s amazing life and the time you spent together.
Some pet headstones have personalization options for either engravings or photos. However, if you're good with a paintbrush, you could add your dog's name and other details of your choice to a non-personalized headstone.
Many pet headstones are made from resin and similar materials and are painted to look like stone. This is less expensive than real stone, and any engraved words are less likely to weather over time.
Only you know what will help when you're grieving for your dog, but many pet owners do find that headstones make nice memorials for dogs who have passed on.